If you’re on this page today, you probably want to bleach your hair. Good for you!
I’ll give you a complete guide on the best bleach for hair.
Basically, to bleach your hair means to apply chemical dyes to do away with the natural colour of your hair.
Hair bleaching has become a popular style among celebrities, and people from all walks of life.
Depending on how you lighten your hair, you may end up sporting a blonde, reddish, or maybe a yellow hair tone.
But that’s not all! Don’t be too excited about bleaching your hair.
I’m not here to scare you though. But the reality is that there are two sides to the story. If your hair bleaching attempt goes wrong, you may find it hard to make any public appearance.
That said, you’ll be alright if you follow our comprehensive guide on the best hair bleach.
So, what’s the rundown like?
We shall look at the pros and cons of various hair bleach kits, and real customer reviews about these products. Finally, our buyer’s guide would inform you to make the best decision.
If you can’t wait to enjoy the show, then here it’s.
Table of Contents
- Best bleach for hair at home
- Best hair bleach for dark hair
- Best hair bleach for dark brown hair:
- Best drugstore hair bleach
- Best Bleach for Hair Review 2020
- Best hair bleach kit 2020: Top 10 Compared
- 1. Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit
- 2. L’Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach
- 3. Schwarzkopf Professional Blondme
- 4. Schwarzkopf BlondMe Bond Enforcing Premium Lightener
- 5. Wella Blondor Lightening Powder
- 6. CLAIROL Professional BW 2 Dedusted Extra Strength Powder Lightener
- 7. Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener
- 8. L’Oreal Oreor 30 Volume Creme Developer
- 9. Revlon Colorsilk Color Effects Frost and Glow Highlight
- 10. L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Permanent Hair Color
- Best professional hair bleach buyers guide : What you need to look out for when buying hair bleaches
- Hair Bleach Alternatives
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Best bleach for hair at home
Overall Best: L’Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach
Best Budget: Revlon Colorsilk Color Effects Frost and Glow
Premium Pack: Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener
Best hair bleach for dark hair
Overall Best: Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit – 30
Best Budget: L’Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach
Premium Pack: Schwarzkopf Professional Blond Me Premium
Best hair bleach for dark brown hair:
Overall Best: Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit
Premium Pack: Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener
Best drugstore hair bleach
Overall Best: Quick Blue High-Performance Powder Lightener Packette
Best Budget: Schwarzkopf Professional Igora Royal Developer
Premium Pack: Wella Koleston Perfect 6 Percent Creme Developer
Best Bleach for Hair Review 2020
The best hair bleach kit 2020 are:
- Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit
- L’Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach
- Schwarzkopf Professional Blondme
- Schwarzkopf BlondMe Bond Enforcing Premium Lightener
- Wella Blondor Lightening Powder
- CLAIROL Professional BW 2 Dedusted Extra Strength Powder Lightener
- Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener
- L’Oreal Oreor 30 Volume Creme Developer
- Revlon Colorsilk Color Effects Frost and Glow Highlight
- L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Permanent Hair Color
Best hair bleach kit 2020: Top 10 Compared
1. Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit
A best-selling hair bleach kit that lifts up your hair to five different levels.
Every bleach kit comes with: dust-free bleach powder, cream developer, mixing tub, tint brush, plastic cap, plastic gloves and user instructions.
- Lifts up your hair to five different levels
- The bleach-power is dust-free
- It’s good for light, medium, brown, and black hair colours to give medium and light blonde colours.
- Contains vegan ingredients
- Real customer review: Works great!
- It may be smaller than expected.
2. L’Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach
It’s a top-rated hair bleach that contains important ingredients such as Potassium and Sodium Persulfates, and Sodium Metasilicate.
It works like magic!
- It’s easy to use
- Worth the money
- Works well with coconut oil
- Good for dark, blonde and long hair
- Real customer review: Love it. My hair didn’t fall down
- May burn your scalp if you apply it inappropriately.
3. Schwarzkopf Professional Blondme
A high-performance powder lightener that lifts both natural and coloured hair up to 9 levels.
- It’s soft
- Smells great
- Very easy to use
- The mixing ratio is flexible
- Lifts natural/colored hair to nine (9) different levels
- Gives an excellent neutralization
- Real customer review: Best powder bleach for lightening very dark hair in order to go platinum blond
- Almost perfect! No negative reviews
4. Schwarzkopf BlondMe Bond Enforcing Premium Lightener
It gives a superb neutralization due to its anti-yellow agents. The lightener provides close to 9 different levels of lift on natural and coloured hair.
- Great scent
- Protects hair fibre
- The best bleach for going blonde
- You can have up 9 different levels of lift
- The workable consistency makes it good for techniques
- Real customer review: Amazing Bleach, Poor Packaging
5. Wella Blondor Lightening Powder
A high-quality hair bleach for care and gentle-on-hair results.
- Easy to apply
- No bad odour
- It gives vibrant colours
- Good for people with dark hair who want to go blonde
- Ingredients are of high-quality
- Real customer review: Lightens brown hair without turning it orange
- So far, no negative reviews
6. CLAIROL Professional BW 2 Dedusted Extra Strength Powder Lightener
It’s an affordable hair bleach for lightening your hair.
- Easy to use
- Does not damage curls
- Can be used for bleaching the knots of wigs
- High-quality bleaching powder
- Real customer review: Works great if you put heat on it
- So far, no bad news
7. Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener
A vibrant and intense hair bleaching powder that helps you to achieve any level of blonde.
- Very easy to bleach your hair with a lower volume developer
- Has an excellent lifting power
- Makes hair soft
- No bad smell
- Real customer review: Good but a little expensive
8. L’Oreal Oreor 30 Volume Creme Developer
A wonderful hair bleaching kit for at-home uses.
- Works well with bleach powder
- Rich and creamy formula for easy application
- Gives beautiful and uniform colours
- Good for lightening hair from medium-dark brown to medium-light blonde
- Real customer review: Turns dark brown hair platinum
- Minimal scalp irritation may occur
9. Revlon Colorsilk Color Effects Frost and Glow Highlight
It contains a rich formula with Keratin Moisture Complex. It penetrates hair to nourish it, protect, moisturize, and give you silky hair.
- It’s free of ammonia
- Makes your hair silky and healthy
- Safe to use on natural, colour-treated or permed hair
- It’s available in honey, blonde and platinum
- Real customer reviews: Turns hair a beautiful white blonde
- No negative reviews
10. L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Permanent Hair Color
It replenishes and conditions your hair up to 2 months of protection. 38 shades ranging from Blonde to Chocolate Brown to Jet black.
- Lasts long
- Easy to use
- Covers greys 100%
- Gives rich and radiant colours
- Has a triple protection system infused with Ceramide, Pro-Keratin Complex and collagen?
- Real customer reviews: My hair came out way darker than it should have.
Best professional hair bleach buyers guide : What you need to look out for when buying hair bleaches
Common sense tells us that God (or maybe something like that) gives us our natural hair colours. Correct me if I’m wrong!
Unfortunately, in this world of fashion, you can’t always rely on what nature gives you. Variety is the spice of life — so the saying goes.
Bleaching your hair is one way to change your looks by wearing a lightened hairstyle. Whether you’re a celebrity or not, bleaching your hair can be your unique brand.
But how much are you ready to pay a professional stylist to style you?
Maybe not much!
Thanks to the availability of the top 10 best hair bleach discussed above, bleaching your hair can be a do-it-yourself (DIY) activity if you know what you’re doing.
As simple as it seems, bleaching can be challenging if you lack experiences or knowledge about the best chemicals to use.
Here is what you should consider when buying hair bleach.
The prices of hair bleaches may differ. So, be ready to spend on what’s good and affordable to you.
2. De-dusted bleach
Many bleaches come in powdery form. This means when you empty it into a container, tons of dust could rise up and fill up your nose, mouth, or lungs
Since that’s not good for your health, consider buying de-dusted bleaches
3. Hair color
How do I choose the right bleach for my hair?
Your ultimate goal may be to go blonde. However, hair bleaches are designed for different hair colours. Be sure to choose a bleach and that would work for your hair type or colour. If your hair is black, then bleaching it may take longer.
4. Levels of Lightening
Hair colours have different levels — dark, medium, and light blonde, etc. Black is level 1. But if you want more levels, you should go for creams that can give you 7—9 levels
5. Risk of Hair Damage
Life is a risky business; so is bleaching. It can potentially damage your hair if you do it carelessly. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully when using hair bleaches.
Hair Bleach Alternatives
- CLAIROL Professional Basic White Extra Strength Powder Lightener
- Splat Null, Lightening Bleach
- L’Oreal Paris Colorista Bleach, Ombre
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
#What hair bleach is best?
The best hair bleaches are those discussed above in our detailed review article.
#Can you bleach your hair with just a developer?
Thanks, the answer is yes. Of course, you can use a developer to lighten your hair. However, too much application of a developer can be bad for your hair. But as long as you use it moderately, you should be fine.
Having read our review article, we hope you found the best bleach for your hair. Good luck!
- Why Do Black Girls Wear Wigs? The Pros and Cons!
- 10 Best Braided Hairs Wigs for Serious Black Women!
- Cocoa Butter for Skin Lightening: What I Wish I Knew!
- Best Lotion for Extremely Dry Skin on Legs: Do this Instead!
- Best Barber Clippers 2020: The Ultimate Comparison Guide!
- Shea Butter vs Cocoa Butter: The Ultimate Comparison Guide!
- Shaved Hairstyles for Black Women 2020: Everything You Need to Know!