Who else needs the best-braided hair wig?
Not all women are blessed with long, thick and beautiful hair.
African women, in particular, have short and curly hairs that grow up vertically.
It can be very expensive and time-consuming to keep natural Afro hair, even though it may look beautiful. Therefore, many resorts to braided hair wigs.
Inasmuch as you want your hair braided, you need to acknowledge the fact that this can be very tight and does pull on your hair follicles.
Some become so sore that you could only stand it for a few days.
Because braiding and weaves are expensive to do, many women keep these styles for an extended period of time adding to the risk of infection and hair loss over time.
According to a study published in the Archives of Dermatology, “Any style that causes too much tension and traction on the hair….can possibly lead to scarring hair loss.”
Of course, there is always a price to pay for fashion- but is this really worth it?
There is a lot of pulling and hair breakage involved – not forgetting the accompanied headaches afterward.
Therefore, you must ensure that they are not done too tight and just like any hairstyle treat their braids regularly.
Notwithstanding, braided hair wigs can make you look hot as hell?
In addition to that, they protect your natural hair and give it enough time to grow better.
That’s no exaggeration!
Even though wigs are available in different styles, some are more fashionable than others.
In Africa, hair is a very powerful cultural symbol. For naturally beautiful ladies like your type, you deserve good quality hair wigs.
This review article would help you to select the best-braided hair wigs to drive onlookers crazy.
Here is a summary of our best-braided hair wigs review.
First, we shall explore the pros and cons of various hair wigs for serious black women. Secondly, an independent and real customer review would be discussed to give you better insights into the products.
Finally, our buyers’ guide would help you to figure out which particular wig might work for you.
If that sounds interesting, right?
Let’s get into it!
Best Braided Hair Wigs Review
- Sensationnel 100% Kanekalon Fiber Braided Hair Wig
- PlatinumHair Lace Front Braided Hair Wigs 24″
- Sensationnel 100% Premium Fiber Braided Hair Wig Wig
- NEWSHAIR 16 inch Senegalese Twist Braided Hair Wig
- Micro Cornrows Braided Wig13x6 Inch
- Micro Million Twist Braided Hair Wig
- Kalyss 12” Hand Braided 4X4” Braided Wig
- HAIR WAY Lace Front Braided Wig Bob Style
- Kalyss 28″ Hand-Braided 13X6″ Braids Wigs
- Leeven 8 Inch Synthetic Dreadlock Wig
Best Braided Hair Wigs Comparison Table
|Product Image||Product Name||Buy|
|Sensationnel 100% Kanekalon Fiber Wig||Buy on Amazon|
|PlatinumHair Lace Front Wigs 24" Long Braided||Buy on Amazon|
|Sensationnel 100% Premium Fiber Cloud9 Swiss 4X4||Buy on Amazon|
|NEWSHAIR Bob Lace Front Wigs Full Braids||Buy on Amazon|
|Micro Cornrows Braids Wig13x6 Inch||Buy on Amazon|
|Micro Million Twist Wig - Color 1 (18 inches)||Buy on Amazon|
|Kalyss 12” Hand Braided 4X4” Synthetic||Buy on Amazon|
|HAIR WAY Lace Front Braided Wigs Bob Style||Buy on Amazon|
|Kalyss 28" Hand-Braided 13X6" Lace||Buy on Amazon|
|Leeven 8 Inch Synthetic Dreadlock Wig for Black Women||Buy on Amazon|
Best Braided Hair Wigs: Top 10 Compared
1. Sensationnel 100% Kanekalon Fiber Wig
A braided cornrow wig that’s styled for women going to church, workplaces, a night out with friends, etc. You can transition your hairline seamlessly without missing all the styles.
Made with thick and top-rated quality fiber, the wig is lightweight and soft.
- It’s long
- Not heavy
- Great quality
- Looks natural and neat
- Can be styled in different ways
- Real customer review: It’s worth every penny
- It’s a bit pricy
2. PlatinumHair Lace Front Wigs 24″
It’s a fully hand-styled wig for black beautiful women; 100 percent glueless synthetic lace front wig with baby hair and adjustable straps.
- It’s resistant to heat
- The micro braid wigs are beautiful
- Adjustable straps make it fit for everyone.
- Can be worn for occasions including parties
- The front lace make it easier for styling the parting spaces
- Real customer review: the wig isn’t friendly to beginners
3. Sensationnel 100% Premium Fiber Wig
A synthetic hand-tied box braid lace front wig with baby hair.
- It’s lightweight
- The hair is long
- Easy to maintain
- Fiber is of high quality
- The Swiss Lace is very soft
- Baby hair makes the edges look natural
- Real Customer review: Braids unravel easily
4. NEWSHAIR 16 inch Senegalese Twist Wig
It’s a temperature-resistant Japan-made glueless braided wig for black ladies. Stuffed with baby hair, this hand-tied braided wig looks very natural.
- The fiber is high in quality
- Texture feels like real hair
- Resistant to higher temperatures
- It’s easy to wear, even for beginners
- Matches with any skin color; black, white, brown, etc.
- Real Customer review: Do not hesitate you won’t be disappointed
- Real Customer review: Its cute but itchy to me
5. Micro Cornrows Braids Wig13x6 Inch
A synthetic, parting and glueless lace front braided wig with baby hair. It’s made of durable and temperature-resistant fiber.
Your skin would not hurt if you wear this hand-tied braided wig for black queens.
- Not heavy
- No need for with caps
- Looks and feels natural
- Resistant to harsh weather
- Secure straps make it stay in place
- Real customer review: Worth so much more than what I paid!
6. Micro Million Twist Wig
A natural-looking synthetic wig with adjustable straps. This is a hand-tied glueless wig with micro-strands.
- It’s adjustable
- Protects your natural hair types
- Hand-designed by professional African stylists.
- Real customer review: I love how natural this unit looks
- Real customer review: Was beautifully made but the braids start falling out and it was too big for my head
7. Kalyss 12” Hand Braided 4X4” Synthetic Wig
A lightweight braided wig with hairspring twists, lace front, and baby hair for the African woman.
- Soft to touch
- Feels natural and comfortable
- Easy to maintain with cold water
- Can be re-restyled with little effort
- The synthetic fiber is heat resistant
- Good for dating night, weddings, converts and even Halloween parties.
- Real customer review: The wig cap was really big for my head
8. HAIR WAY Lace Front Braided Wig Bob Style
A full-braid bob style lace front wig made with a tough and heat-resistant fiber.
- Very durable
- It’s easy to wear
- Size is adjustable
- Can be worn for special events
- Flexible style with room for variations
- Real customer review: The braided hair is cut too short
9. Kalyss 28″ Hand-Braided 13X6″ Wigs
A hand-tied box braided with baby hair, made of 100 percent Kanekalon black synthetic fiber.
- Not bulky
- East to install
- Fits different hair sizes
- Soft to touch and looks natural
- Perfect style for dating, work, schools, concerts, etc.
- Real customer review: Lace is very much detectable
- Must be glued in place
10. Leeven 8 Inch Synthetic Dreadlock Wig
Curly and twist Afro Dreadlocks for black beautiful girls.
- Looks natural
- Does not tangle
- Feels soft and comfortable
- A great big for black ladies who appreciate their skin color
- Allows you to wear different hairstyles with one wig
- Real customer review: Very nice on me, though a bit sluggish.
Best-braided Wigs Buyers Guide. Things to consider when buying Braided Wigs
Wigs are designed to add an extra layer of beauty to your natural hair. If you’re that fashionable woman who wants to flaunt different hairstyles every week, consider buying wigs to stock your closet.
Because the wig market is quite large, it’s important to consider the following details before you invest in a wig.
Are you after the cheapest wig or the best quality wig? If I were you, I would choose a good price and good quality.
Human hair wigs are more realistic. But they may cost you more than those made of synthetic fiber.
Buying a durable wig would save you money since it would last long.
4. Resistance to Heat
If you live in tropical regions where temperatures can go high, consider buying a heat-resistant wig.
5. Hand-tied or machine-weaved wigs
Hand-tied wigs are less dense but appear more natural than machine-stitched wigs.
6. Ease of Maintenance
Depending on your own convenience, you may want to spend on wigs that can be washed with cold or lukewarm water.
Braided Hair Wigs Alternatives
- Cornrow Lemonade Center Part Braid Wig
- Freetress Equal Synthetic Fullcap Drawstring
- TUNEFUL Brazilian Straight Bob Lace Front Wigs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
#How long do braided wigs last?
Depending on how you wear them, braided hair wigs can last for months and even years. If you wear your wig less frequently, it will last longer than if you wear it 24//7.
#Can you cornrow a wig?
Yes. It’s possible for you to cornrow a wig. What you have to do is this — just braid it and tie it up. Use a wig cap to cover the hair and you’re gone.
Keeping Your Wig from Falling Off
No matter how stylish and realistic a wig is — it will always be a wig.
What am I trying to say? Maybe you can already guess my point.
The fact is that, unlike your natural African hair, wigs are removable hairstyles. They can come off from your head if you are not careful about your behavior.
Fortunately for you, I’ll give you a trick to help you ensure that your wig doesn’t fall off from your scalp when you need it most.
That trick is simple — but it works like a charm.
If you want to secure your French braid wigs in place, go for those that have interior straps for fastening against your head. That way, prevention is better than cure.
Wearing wigs is all about self-expression.
Now technology is extending its mighty powers to touch on the fashion and beauty industry.
This is good news for black African women who are serious about styling their hair to look exotic.
The top 10 braided wigs reviewed above may just be the right fit for your African head.
- Why Do Black Girls Wear Wigs? The Pros and Cons!
- Cocoa Butter for Skin Lightening: What I Wish I Knew!
- Best Bleach for Hair: The Complete & Professionals Guide!
- Best Lotion for Extremely Dry Skin on Legs: Do this Instead!
- Best Barber Clippers 2020: The Ultimate Comparison Guide!
- Shea Butter vs Cocoa Butter: The Ultimate Comparison Guide!
- Shaved Hairstyles for Black Women 2020: Everything You Need to Know!