Perhaps, we all know that lotions are effective solutions to skin dryness.
But do you know how hard it is to actually get something that works best for your dermatological needs?
I bet you, hop over to Amazon.com and read funny negative reviews about products that didn’t work out well for some buyers. We don’t want you to waste your hard-earned income on some shitty and overhyped skin care products.
Yes — getting the best lotion for your dry skin can be overwhelming, but we’ve got your back.
Just like any other market, the skincare industry is packed with loads of assorted lotions and moisturizers, all claiming to be the best in the business. Well, which product should you trust to deliver good results?
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this best lotion for extremely dry skin on legs article:
This well-researched review article brings you the best and reliable lotions for dry skins and legs. Stay alert as we take you close to products that’ll give you the best version of your skin.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Lotions for Extremely Dry Skin on Legs
- Extremely Dry Skin on Legs: What Causes It?
- Best Lotion for Extremely Dry Skin on Legs: Top 10 Reviewed
- 1. NIVEA Essentially Enriched Body Lotion
- 2. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- 3. Aveeno Skin Relief
- 4. CeraVe SA Lotion for Rough & Bumpy Skin
- 5. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- 6. Vanicream Moisturizing Cream
- 7. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula
- 8. M3 Naturals Anti Cellulite Massage Oil
- 9. Puriya Mother of All Creams
- 10. Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer
- Buyers Guide: Things to consider when buying skin moisturizers
- Alternative Skin Moisturizers
10 Best Lotions for Extremely Dry Skin on Legs
- NIVEA Essentially Enriched Body Lotion
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Aveeno Skin Relief 24-Hour Moisturizing Lotion
- CeraVe SA Lotion for Rough & Bumpy Skin
- M3 Naturals Anti Cellulite Massage Oil
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- Vanicream Moisturizing Cream with Pump
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Skin
Extremely Dry Skin on Legs: What Causes It?
While it’s true that many people are naturally blessed with smooth and soft skins, environmental conditions can make your skin lose its moisture and texture.
When your skin becomes dry like the Sahara desert, it may be difficult to differentiate between your and a lizard.
Dry skin may itch you badly without any pity, robbing you of concentration while hurting your feelings.
Whether you’re at home or in public, spare yourself the discomfort by applying lotions for dry skin on your legs.
What external factors can disrupt the beauty of your skin?
For example, we can blame harsh weather for giving us dry skins. When the weather is too cold, it disrupts the protective lipid layers of our skins.
This makes us prone to eczema. Also, the older we get, the dryer our skins become.
Love swimming in chlorinated pool waters? Well, that’s another contributing factor for dry skin.
Best Lotion for Extremely Dry Skin on Legs: Top 10 Reviewed
Here is a detailed one-by-one review of the top-rated skin moisturizers.
1. NIVEA Essentially Enriched Body Lotion
Nivea lotion contains serum and almond oils with a healthy formula for nourishing and hydrating dry skins. the application of this lotion gives immediate results.
The cream locks up your skin moisture for a maximum of 48 hours, giving you a conspicuously smooth skin. As an essentially enriched full body lotion, NIVEA is made to suit all dry skin.
- Softens the skin
- Moisturizes dry skins
- Makes the skin smooth
- It reduces skin roughness
- Good for getting rid of cracked hands and legs
- May leak from the Bottle when it’s mishandled
- May smell bad when mixed with other lotions
2. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing LotionError: Unknown Link Type
Let’s go straight to the point. This product keeps the skin moisturized for a full day after application.
CeraVe contains essential ingredients that help in the restoration of the protective skin layer.
Have you ever heard of hyaluronic acid? Maybe Yes! That ingredient in CeraVe lotions increases skin moisture retention.
- It’s free of fragrance
- It’s not comedogenic
- Good for face, hands, legs, etc.
- Moisturizes the skin for longer hours
- The ceramide ingredients heal your skin
- Smells fishy on rare occasions when it goes bad
- Improperly sealed bottles may leak
3. Aveeno Skin Relief
It’s a therapeutic lotion for healing and relieving extremely dry skins and legs. Aveeno lotion gets quickly absorbed into the skin. The nourishing and hydrating effects kick off immediately after its application.
Moreover, you’ll find African shea butter in this lotion. Well, you know what that means for your health.
It makes your skin fresh, healthy, and soft.
- It’s not comedogenic
- A great lotion for healing dry skins
- Works immediately after application
- The absence of fragrance makes it suitable for sensitive skins
- May cause burning sensations in young children
4. CeraVe SA Lotion for Rough & Bumpy Skin
This product has an unmatched ability to exfoliate and moisturize the skin. Its salicylic acid component helps to exfoliate and smoothen rough skins. Likewise, the lactic acid renews the surface of the skin.
- Makes the skin soft and smooth
- Does not cause irritation
- It’s not comedogenic
- May give more moisturizing results than smoothening
- May cause skin redness on rare occasions
5. CeraVe Moisturizing CreamError: Unknown Link Type
A controlled technological process allows this cream to rebuild the natural barrier of the skin while moisturizing it 24/7.
- It’s free of paraben
- It’s non-comedogenic
- Good for face and body
- Contains a non-irritating formula
- The presence of hyaluronic acids aids in skin moisture retention
6. Vanicream Moisturizing Cream
It maintains the optimum moisture level of the skin. Vanicream soothes red and irritating or cracking skins.
Apply it after taking a shower, and before stepping out to cold or windy environments.
- Moisturizes the skin
- Good for eczema, dry skins, and winter itches.
- Unscented. It also contains no dyes and no parabens
- It’s friendly to people with delicate skins, including kids.
- Thick and greasy
- May develop mold when stored for longer periods
7. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula
The Palmer’s cocoa butter deeply hydrates all parts of the skin by melting into it, and producing a protective layer to lock down the moisture. This butter works best as an emollient for normal skins as well as eczema skins.
- It softens rough skins
- Keeps the skin moisturized
- Absorbs faster into the skin
- Can be applied to the face and body
- Contains vitamin E (an effective antioxidant that heals scars, stretch marks and makes the skin young)
- Too oily
8. M3 Naturals Anti Cellulite Massage Oil
The M3 massage oil combines grapefruit, grapeseed, eucalyptus, and lemon oils into a good skincare solution.
- Removes cellulites from your body
- Easily absorbed by the skin
- lightweight and effective
- Has Anti-aging effects
- Removes fat
- Not so good for dry skins
9. Puriya Mother of All Creams
This clinically-tested lotion is good for sensitive and irritated skins.
It’s also one of the best solutions for dry, scaly and rough skins. Over 300k customers are happy using this skin moisturizer to treat their irritated skins.
Puriya comes in handy even when other skincare products disappoint you.
Containing exotic ingredients like amaranth oil, the lotion quickly penetrates dry irritated skins to bring comfort to users.
- Does not clog pores
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- Refreshing peppermint scent
- Offers a radiant glow to the skin.
- Good for face and full body uses
- Softens and smooths rough skins
- Creates moisture to protect the skin
- A bit expensive
10. Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer
It’s coconut oil (skin lubricant). The fast-absorbing formula easily blends with the moisture in the wet skin and locks it in place. The product works with the peak moisture level of the skin. Apply it as soon as possible after taking a shower.
- Very cheap
- Smells good
- Refreshes dry skins
- Easy to use. Saves time
- Retains skin moisture
- May trigger allergic reactions in some users
Buyers Guide: Things to consider when buying skin moisturizers
Who is proud of extremely dry skin?
No one, except a lizard.
Wearing dry skin can be very uncomfortable, especially in wintertime — it cracks and leaves ugly marks that can ruin your appearance in public.
If you’re thinking about buying a good moisturizer for your skin, here are some factors that are worth considering.
The skincare market always has more than enough products to offer consumers. Choose a moisturizer that’s affordable but good enough for your dermatological needs.
Good skin moisturizers contain moisturizing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, shea butter or cocoa butter, ceramides and colloidal oatmeals.
A great scent uplifts the power of a moisturizer. However, people who have sensitive skin should choose fragrance-free moisturizers.
Always read the product labels/descriptions to see if their composition won’t give you adverse side effects.
For safety reasons, you may want to choose moisturizers that are clinically-tested by expert dermatologists and other regulatory bodies.
All skins are not the same. If you’re a sweaty person, you don’t need to buy moisturizers that are way too oily (moist). Choose the products according to the nature of your skin.
Some people order moisturizers on Amazon.com, only to realize that they can’t return the products even if they’re not satisfied. If you care about value for money, it’s better to pick something that’s returnable.
Alternative Skin Moisturizers
What is the best lotion for dry skin on legs?
The following moisturizers are also equally good for dry skins and legs.
- Advanced Clinicals Coconut Oil Cream.
- Curél Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer
- Honeyskin Ultimate Face and Body Moisturizer
FAQs about Skin Moisturizers
#How do you treat dry skin on your legs?
- Use a home humidifier
- Wear breathable fabrics
- Shower with warm water
- Stay away from harsh and drying soaps.
- Moisturizer your skin after taking a shower
- Use skin moisturizers like Nivea cream and Palmer’s cocoa butter.
#How do I get rid of dry flaky skin on my legs?
Use a fragrance-free cleanser to wash your legs. This should remove dirt and oils. Then use a dry towel to wipe your skin. Apply moisturizer on your legs after toweling.
It’s not easy to maintain a well-nourished and moisturized skin.
Finding the best lotion to keep your skin fresh and clean is even harder.
But hopefully, if you try the above products, they might work like magic for you.
- Why Do Black Girls Wear Wigs? The Pros and Cons!
- 10 Best Braided Hairs Wigs for Serious Black Women!
- Cocoa Butter for Skin Lightening: What I Wish I Knew!
- Best Barber Clippers 2020: The Ultimate Comparison Guide!
- Shea Butter vs Cocoa Butter: The Ultimate Comparison Guide!
- Shaved Hairstyles for Black Women 2020: Everything You Need to Know!