There are 59 category B schools in the Ashanti Region. 58 SHS/SHTS and 1 Technical and Vocational Institute (Krobea Asante Technical and Vocational Institute) a mixed school in Asokore, Sekyere East District of the Ashanti region.
This grouping and categorization list are according to the Ghana Education Service (GES) Register of Course for Public Senior High, Technical and Vocational Institutes. Note that as of 2020, all Technical/Vocational Institutions have been categorized into A, B and C, and added to SHS/ SHTS by the GES in its updated guidelines for selection of schools for 2020 placement.
Table of Contents
Full List of Category B Schools in Ashanti Region
Below are all the 59 Category B schools in the Ashanti Region and their associated gender status.
- Kumasi Academy
- KNUST Senior High
- Anglican Senior High
- Adventist Senior High
- Wesley Girls High Sch
- Asanteman Senior High
- Kumasi Girls Senior High
- Osei Kyeretwie Senior High
- St. Hubert Seminary/Senior High
- Osei Tutu Senior High, Akropong
- Armed Forces Senior High Technical
- Tawheed Senior High
- Islamic Senior High, Ampabame
- Serwaah Nyarko Girls’ Snr. High
- Al-Azariya Islamic Snr. High, Kumasi
- Nurul-Ameen Islamic Senior High, Asewase
- Sakafia Islamic Senior High
- Aduman Senior High
- Agona S.D.A. Senior High
- Agona Senior High Technical
- Akrofuom Senior High Technical
- Kumasi Asanteman Senior High
- Asare Bediako Senior High
- Bankoman Senior High
- Beposo Senior High
- Bosome Senior High Technical
- Christ The King Catholic, Obuasi
- Collins Senior High
- Agogo Denyaseman Catholic Senior High
- Dompoase Senior High
- Dwamena Akenten Senior High
- Ghana Muslim Mission Senior High
- Islamic Senior High
- Jachie Pramso Senior High
- Juaben Senior High
- Kofiase Adventist Senior High Technical
- Konongo Odumase Senior High
- Mabang Senior High Technical
- New Edubiase Senior High
- Nsutaman Catholic Senior High
- St. Jerome Senior High
- Ofoase Kokoben Senior High
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu II College
- Pentecost Senior High
- Oppong Memorial Senior High
- Serwaa Nyarko Girls Senior High
- St. Joseph Senior High Technical
- St. Mary’s Girls Senior High
- St. Michael’s Senior High
- St. Monica’s Senior High
- T. I. Ahmadiyya Girls Senior High
- Fomena T.I. Ahmad Senior High
- Tepa Senior High
- Toase Senior High
- Tweneboa Kodua Senior High
- Wesley Senior High, Konongo
- Maabang Senior High/Tech
- Bompata Presby Senior High
- Krobea Asante Technical/Vocational Institute
Also Read: Category A Schools in Ashanti Region 2022
Table of Category B Schools in Ashanti Region: Gender, Location and District
Ashanti is now second to the Greater Accra region as the most populous region in Ghana – a position it held since 1970.
With a population of about 5,432,485 people accounting for 19.4 percent of Ghana’s total population according to the latest 2021 census data.
Covering 24,389 km2 (9,417 sq mi) and accounting for 10.2% of its total land area, Ashanti is the third-largest region in Ghana.
|Anglican Senior High|
KNUST Senior High
Adventist Senior High
Wesley Girls High Sch
Asanteman Senior High
Kumasi Girls Senior High
Osei Kyeretwie Senior High
St. Hubert Seminary/Senior High
Armed Forces Senior High Technical
Tawheed Senior High
Islamic Senior High, Ampabame
Serwaah Nyarko Girls’ Snr. High
Al-Azariya Islamic Snr. High, Kumasi
Nuru-Ameen Islamic Senior High, Asewase
|Dompoase Senior High|
Fomena T.I. Ahmad Senior High
Asare Bediako Senior High
New Edubiase Senior High
Akrofuom Senior High/Tech
|Otumfuo Osei Tutu II College |
Aduman Senior High
St. Michael’s Senior High
|Maabang Senior High/Tech|
Tepa Senior High
|Ahafo Ano North|
|St. Mary’s Girl’s Senior High, Konongo|
Wesley Senior High, Konongo
Konongo Odumase Senior High
|Asante Akim Central|
|Collins Senior High/Commercial, Agogo|
Bompata Presby Senior High
|Asante Akim North|
|Kumasi Academy – Asokore Mampong|
Sakafia Islamic Senior High – Sawaba
|Afua Kobi Ampem Girls’ Senior High – Trabuom||Girls||Trabuom||Atwima Kwanwoma|
|Mpasatia Senior High/Tech||Mixed||Mpasatia||Atwima Mponua|
|Osei Tutu Senior High, Akropong|
Toase Senior High
|S.D.A. Senior High, Bekwai|
St. Joseph Senior High/Tech, Ahwiren
Denyaseman Cath.Senior High – Poano
Ofoase Kokoben Senior High
Oppong Mem. Senior High – Kokofu
|Bosome Senior High/Tech. – Asiwa||Mixed||Asiwa||Bosome Freho|
|Beposo Senior High|
Jachie Pramso Senior High
|Juaben Senior High|
Sekyedumase Senior High/Tech
|Ejisu Juaben Municipal|
|Kofiase Adventist Senior High/Tech. |
St. Monica’s Senior High, Mampong
|Christ the King Cath., Obuasi||Mixed||Obuase||Obuasi Municipal|
|Dwamena Akenten Senior High – Offinso|
St. Jerome Senior High, Abofour
|Ghana Muslim Mission Senior High – Beposo|
Nsutaman Cath. Senior High
|T. I. Ahmadiyya Girl’s Senior High, Asokore|
Krobea Asante Tec/Voc Inst.
|Tweneboa Kodua Senior High – Kumawu|
Bankoman Senior High – Banko
|Konadu Yiadom Catholic Senior High – Asamang|
S.D.A. Senior High, Agona
Agona Senior High/Tech
What are the category B schools in the Ashanti Region?
These are the second batch of schools graded by the Computerised School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS).
Category B schools are not by any stretch of the imagination small schools or minnows. No, that’s not the case.
The categorization or grading of second-cycle schools in Ghana came about as a result of the introduction of the National Curriculum and Assessment Framework (NCAF) which was introduced into our education system in 2002. The NCAF is an umbrella framework for all subjects taught at the senior high school level.
It has been designed to ensure that students have access to quality learning experiences across the curriculum.
In order to achieve this goal, it divides each subject area into three categories: A1, A2 and C. These are further divided into subcategories. For example, Mathematics can be subdivided into Algebra I, II & III; Geometry; Trigonometry; Precalculus; Calculus, etc.
The grading of schools by the CSSPS is based on these categories. Schools with a grade above 90% will receive a “Grade 1” while those below 70% will receive a “Grade 2”. Those between 70-90% will receive a “Grade 3”, whilst anything less than 70% receives a “Grade 4”.
Educational Statistics of the Ashanti Region in Numbers
But they said Ashanti’s don’t go to school.
Well, Educated Ashantis – Ghana’s worse nightmare!
I’m still waiting for the statistics on the numbers. “How many people have been educated are in the Ashanti Region in the last two decades and the effect on the region”
Maybe I have to do it myself as always.
- Opoku Ware School: Everything You Need To Know!
- Kumasi Anglican Senior High School: All You Need To Know!
- Kumasi Academy Senior High School: All You Need To Know!
- Asanteman Senior High School: Everything You Need To Know!
- Kumasi High School: Everything You Need To Know [+Pictures]